Thursday, April 10, 2008

Birthdays, Conference, and Colds.......Oh My!

So this last Saturday, April 5th was Jake's 28th Birthday!! I feel horrible that I haven't been able to post about it until now, but I just started feeling better. You see, we would have really enjoyed Jake's birthday had it not been for the fact that ALL of us had colds at our house, and we are talking the flat in bed, cough til you gag, absolutely no fun at all colds. Poor Jake didn't even have very much fun on his birthday, and unfortunately I was no help. It's not much fun being sick and trying to take care of one another, but Jake was great and helped out with Abby as much as he could. Luckily we had no excuse not to watch General Conference and I was grateful for the opportunity to see it and have my testimony strengthened, especially with the sustaining of the new prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I do feel a little guilty however for sleeping through some of the talks, but hey, I was sick so thank goodness for TIVO! It's been a few days, and Abby and I have finally quit coughing and are feeling pretty normal. All I can say is enough of the sickness, we unfortunately have had more of it than I expected these last few months, so hopefully we can be "sick free" for a long time to come.
So here is my birthday blog, however late it may be. My husband hates the fact that I blog or "blab" about how great I think he is, but I want him to know how much I appreciate him. He is so busy working full time, going to school full time, and fulfilling his church calling as Young Men's President, which doesn't leave a lot of time for things that he rather be doing, but I appreciate his positive attitude and his desire to provide for his family. He is such a good husband and father, and he definitely deserved a better birthday! WE LOVE YOU JAKE, I AM SORRY YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS A BUST.....I AM PLANNING ON MAKING IT UP TO YOU NEXT YEAR!!

It was also my Dad's 64th Birthday this last week as well, and again we didn't get to do much to make his birthday special. My sister did an awesome tribute to my dad on her blog http://www.crippennews.blogspot.com/, so I feel very second rate with this tribute, but for those of you who have never met my Dad you are truly missing out. He is a wonderful and generous man. He has always been willing to share his time, talents and wisdom with his family. We could call on him at any time for anything that we needed help with and it was our Dad to the rescue! He has fixed flat tires, done construction in our homes, and bailed us out of a sticky situation many of times. I love that my Dad stops by at least once a week during the day to say "Hi" to Abby and I. It helps that we are close to his work, but it makes us feel pretty special. My relationship with he and my Mom is so precious to me and I cherish their example--HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! WE LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

The Cooper's said...

I'm sorry you have all been sick. NO FUN! Hopefully we can get together this next week for a playdate! Tell Jake Happy (late) Birthday!

Amanda said...

Hey Allison! It's Mandy (Eisenbarth) Cosper. I actually was cruizing Lichelle's site and came across yours (so cute by the way) and just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing and make sure you don't mind if I add your blog to my list of blogs worth reading so I can keep up with your cute family. It's so fun to keep in touch. Hope to hear from you soon. cosperfamily.blogspot.com

the kings said...

So sorry to hear that you've been sick. That's no fun at all. Happy Birthday to Jake by the way.
Abby (even while not feeling well) is highly adorable. I loved her Easter pictures too. She has such a McKinstry grin if you ask me!
Take Care -
Kelly

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys! :(
Come and see us, would ya? Happy Birthday, Jake!

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I'm glad you are all feeling better. I am right there with you...done with the sickness thing. Let's hope for health for a long time to come after this winter! :)