Monday, June 9, 2008

Abby's 18th Month checkup

We went to see the doctor for Abby's 18th month checkup (we were a couple of weeks late) and things went great! She is in the 75% percentile for height and weight which is shocking considering the kid eats like a bird most days. But the best thing was when the doctor asked if Abby had a vocabulary of 8 or more words and I told him "yes", he then said, "can I hear some" and then I proceeded to go into Abby's whole repertoire of what she knew, so I said,
"What is your name?" Abby patted her chest and said "Abby". "How old are you?" She holds up 1 finger and says, "2." Then I said, "What does a cow say?" and Abby proceeded to tell me and the doctor what a cow, elk, cat, rooster, snake, tiger, dog, monkey, horse and donkey say. By this time my pediatrician is just laughing, and he said, "Aah man, that just made my day! I have a really great job and I just needed to be reminded of it, it's been so fun to watch her grow up into a little girl!"
So Abby charmed her pediatrician, but still couldn't get out of her shots, I forgot the camera, but she even handled those like a champ. I can't believe our little baby girl is becoming such a big girl! Also as a side story, I had my 7 year old nephew Broc with me at the appointment and when the nurse asked if Abby can walk backwards I said, "You know, I haven't really noticed, I think she can, but let me see if I can get her to do it." (which I couldn't) Then my nephew pipes up and says very officially, "I've never seen her do it." I thought that was so funny, he totally ratted me out and sounded so grown up!

7 comments:

Haley Wheatley said...

Good Job Abby!
What a little smartie pants! She is growing so fast. Your hair looks so cute. What is going on with Cella? No baby bump yet huh? Tell her HI!

The Cooper's said...

That's one of those proud parent moments! She is so adorable Al and I love your new do for summer! We need to go to Cherry Hill one of these days, if it ever gets warm enough!

Anonymous said...

Hey Al! Abby is getting so big! It looks like she is starting to get a lot more hair, too! She's so precious and I can't wait to see her again. We miss you guys! Glad to hear that you are doing well.. Love the hair! :)

Katherine said...

What a cutie. They grow up all too fast.

Blackeyedsue said...

LOL! I love that she is two. I am sorry you got ratted out.

natalie leavitt said...

Your blog is so cute. Glad you're doing well. Your daughter is so cute. Check out our blog, brentandnat.blogspot.com

Hopefully we'll see you this summer sometime, maybe Jake and Brent's 10-year reunion.

Natalie Leavitt

Anonymous said...

Allison, it was so fun to see you and the baby this wk. I'm glad we were able to make contact. I think your blog is sweet! If you'd like to see Cheryl's it's: www.thedomesticatedgnome.blogspot.com. Kathy